Thursday, April 16, 2015

T MINUS 7 DAYS!!


 AHOOOJJJJ!!!

WE LEAVE IN SEVEN DAYS! Like a week from right now, I will be on a plane to Dallas! Here is a brief overview of our flight plans:

FLIGHT 5095 (2 hours and 44 minutes)
- LV: SLC - 8:59AM - 23 APR 2015
- AR: DALLAS/FT WORTH DF - 12:43PM - 23 APR 2015

FLIGHT 1505 (9 hours and 15 minutes)
- LV:DF - 3:40 PM - 23 APR 2015
- AR: LONDON HEATHROW, ENGLAND LHR - 6:55 AM - 24 APR 2015

FLIGHT 862 (2 hours)
- LV: LHR - 9:50 AM - 24 APR 2015
- AR: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC PR - 12:50 PM - 24 APR 2015

We have to be at the MTC Travel Office at 3:30 IN THE MORNING next Thursday! I'm going to die, also we have a 9 hour flight overnight. I'm really hoping I'll be able to sleep through most if not all of it, and we get dinner and breakfast on the plane! We also have two three-hour layovers so that will be nice. 
I hate to break it to all of you, but there will NOT be a weekly email next week. I'll be airborne over the ocean soooo... sorry. Haha. I will get to read my emails on Wednesday, so if you want to say anything to me before I leave the country, you can email me before Wednesday. I won't be able to respond, but I will be able to read them. :)
I will get to call home at the airport, so if you have any questions you want to ask me, tell my family and they can ask me on the phone. 

I also found out that I HAVE MY VISA!! So I'm going for sure, no reassignment for me! Unfortunately everyone in our district has a visa except Elder Oviatt. He's from Canada so his is taking longer. We're all hoping and praying that he'll get it before we have to leave. They didn't reassign him because they are pretty confident that he'll get it in time, but since he's not reassigned, if he doesn't get it, he'll just have to stay and wait at the MTC. So we are hoping and praying really hard that he'll get it.

Anyway other things that happened this past week.... On Sunday for the devotional BYU's Men's Chorus came and sang to us. It was really awesome and spiritual and super fun, they sang most of the soundtrack from Prince of Egypt and it made me kind of homesick, I love that movie!! They also (only some of them) bore their testimonies/shared mission stories and that was great.

Elder Lanham and I performed Consider the Lilies in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, that went really well. That song always reminds me of my dad and grandparents. It was cool to be able to share that with our zone. (Shout out to Mom for sending me the sheet music, thank you!)

One cool spiritual story from this week, I was supposed to teach Relief Society on Sunday, and the lesson was supposed to be on the Book of Mormon. During Personal Study everyone was quietly reading and studying and I was on the computer reading talks about the Book of Mormon. I was looking for something, but I wasn't quite sure which direction I wanted to go. While I'm reading on the computer, Elder Oviatt turns to Elder Tingey and starts telling him about this cool section of scripture in 1 Nephi 13, and how it's about the Book of Mormon and the Bible and IT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! It was crazy! He just so happened to be telling Elder Tingey exactly what I was looking for for my lesson! God answers prayers everyone, sometimes you just need to be eavesdropping to get the answer ;)

Ah the HIDA scan, I almost forgot. I got a HIDA scan on Friday. They wanted to scan my gallbladder to make sure its functioning properly. EVERYTHING IS NORMAL. I got to sleep for an hour while they took a picture every minute to see what was going on, my nap was great! They basically just told me to keep taking the pills when I have pain, and that's pretty much it. But I feel a lot better and I think everything will be fine. 

On Sunday I asked Elder Oviatt (he's one of the elders that I'm closest too, in case you couldn't tell we're pretty good friends) to give me a blessing about my foot and my stomach and basically everything that's going on with me. It was a simple blessing and it was awesome to get a blessing from one of our own elders, and I felt so good afterwards. My stomach has been growling a lot the past few days, but there hasn't been hardly any pain, my toe hasn't really been bothering, I've just felt great! The priesthood power is real!!

Well all is well here at the MTC. It's actually kind of weird. Sometimes it feels like a ghost town. I don't know if I said this already, but a few weeks ago, for the first time in the history of the MTC, the sisters outnumbered the elders! 51% to 49%!! So that was cool and then this week we made history again, this is the fewest number of missionaries that the MTC has had since the age change. I think next week when more come in the number will go up again. So there's that, it kind of makes it feel a little empty in here.

I hope everyone is doing well. There hasn't been a lot going on here except getting ready to leave. My next email will probably be either really really good or really really bad haha, we'll just have to see. I don't know how you will all cope without my weekly email next week, if you want to, you can read 2 Nephi 2:24, maybe that will help you feel better. :)

I love you all, I love this gospel, and I already love the Czech people so much! I can't wait to get to the Czech Republic and start sharing this amazing gospel!

Talk to you in two weeks!

Sestra Schaerrer

PS. Pictures! Number one: Elder Lanham wearing Sis. Donaldson's skirt (our teacher, she changed into a different skirt and left that one in the classroom). Number two: Elder Oviatt's catapult he made out of two tourniquets, and some medical wrap that we brought back from the hospital.









More Pictures: Elder Oviatt with a medical glove on his head... yeah... And the sisters in our zone plus some of the other sisters in our building. :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment