Monday, July 20, 2015

I'm meeellllttttiiinnnngggg....

Heeellloooooo Everyone!!

Well it's been another super hot week here in Brno! It's been pretty ridiculous, I just walk down the street and I feel like I'm melting!! And my skin has gotten a few shades darker, so there are pros and cons. :)

Last Monday we went to the Brno Zoo with the elders. It was really fun. It was super hot and we were all kind of tired, but it was good. Sestra Holland had never been to a zoo before so it was her very first time. I think she had the most fun out of all of us haha. After we walked around looking at everything, we ate lunch at the tiger restaurant, and it was pretty good. 

On Tuesday morning we got a text from Miroslav, one of our investigators. He's a tram driver and he had sent us what time he was going to be at our stop, so we could get on and see him. It had been a while since we last met with him, so we moved some stuff on our schedule around and we able to meet him. We got on and he told us that he would have a break at the end of the line, and that we could talk and have a short lesson then. So we waited and after everyone got off, Miroslav drove the tram to the end of the line and then called us up to the front. We got up there and he LET US DRIVE THE TRAM!! That's not a skill every missionary aquires ;). Anyway then we had a short lesson before he had to head back the other direction. He's so cool. He's come a long way in the gospel, and we definitely think he's ready to get baptized. :)

Also on Tuesday, we were English contacting, and I ran into a young girl who was passing out flyers for another free english class! I was talking to her about what she was doing, what I was doing, and then she had to get back to work. As she was leaving she said to me "You should probably just speak English with people, your Czech is really hard to understand." Heart. Crushed. I had absolutely zero desire to finish the contacting block, or even talk to anyone the rest of the day. And unfortunately, I had told her about our English class, and she ended up coming to it later that night. I felt an inappropriate amount of negative feelings toward this girl. But I'm doing my best to do the missionary thing and forgive. :)

Wednesday we went and had dinner with Adam and Eliška. They aren't investigators anymore, but they had been meeting with the missionaries for a while. They are very strong catholics, and every once in a while they invite the missionaries over for dinner. We went and it was soooo good! And the best part, was while we were eating and talking. I said something, I don't remember what, and Eliška looks up really surprised and says, "What you said just now, if I hadn't known you were from America, I would have thought you were a native!" So that kind of made up for the mean teenage girl the day before.
After dinner we went to Petrov to meet Miroslav. We played petank (someone please look up how to spell it for me) for a while, and then read together in the Book of Mormon. We were talking and he said something that really touched me. I can't remember the exact words, but it was something like "I'm really grateful for the gospel, I wish I had found it earlier in my life, but this was God's will." I can't really explain why, but that little testimony just touched my heart. He is so ready for baptism, we are all so excited. It's been a long journey with him and now he's ready. 

Saturday we had a singing display in the morning, which went well except it was SO HOT!!! We were all just melting! And then after that, we went to Vilém's house with all the YSA and the elders, and a couple of investigators, for like a summer YSA party thing. We showed up and all the YSA were in the pool and it was super hot, and I don't think I've ever not wanted to be a missionary so bad my whole mission so far! But it was good. While eveyone was in the pool, the missionaries played basketball, and ping pong, and soccer, and tried to keep ourselves distracted haha. It was really good though and we all had fun. 

Yesterday church was really good. It was another really hot day and the chorister passed out in sacrament meeting. But she was okay. It just added a little excitement to the meeting. :) After church we had lunch and then went tracting up by the zoo. One thing about people in the Czech Republic in the summer is that they wear next to no clothing when they are at home, but they still answer the door! So we saw a lot more of the Czech people than we really wanted to, but we ended up teaching a few lessons so it was good. We also ran into our friend from Egypt again on the way home. It's been three or four times now that we've seen him around town, and we exchanged numbers this time and he's pretty interested in learning about what we believe. I don't know if he'll get baptized anytime soon, but he wants to learn. So we might meet with him sometime this week. 

Well, it's just been another week here in the Czech Republic. Sometimes excited, sometimes less than excited, but always hard work! We've been really pushing ourselves and we've been seeing the results, and we definitely see the Lord's hand in our work!

I hope you all have a great week this week, and I hope it's not as hot where you are as it is here!

S laskou,

Sestra Schaerrer

PS - I'll send some pictures :)
 
 At the zoo. I drew the Plan of Salvation on one of the chalk boards. :)


 
 

One more at the zoo, us driving the tram, and Sestra Holland pranking the elders by putting a really spicy pepper in their spagetti sauce!
 Oops, here's me driving :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment