Thursday, March 26, 2015

Czech Mate

Ahoj Everyone! (Ahoj is pronounced like ahoy btw)

Well this week has been significantly less exciting, but I'll try to make it sound interesting for you. BTW the subject of this email has absolutely nothing to do with what happened this week, I'm just running out of puns....

Lately we've been teaching with Sestra Ratcliffe more. Which is always interesting because she's learning Slovak and we're learning Czech, we can understand each other most of the time, but they are definitely different languages! We got a new investigator that we are teaching with Sestra Ratcliffe. Her name is Lucie (not pronounced like Lucy, but I don't really know how to explain how to say it... Loot see uh is my best explanation). She's really cool and it's nice to have someone else in the room that knows the language really well. Not that Sestra Bailey doens't know it well, I just feel like when we teach I have to know exactly what both of us are going to say so I can help Ses. B but with Ses. R I can just relax a little bit more.

The Croatians, Slovenians, and Bulgarians all leave on Monday! It's going to be so sad to see them go, but we're really happy for them. The Bulgarians didn't get their visas though, so they are going to the Chicago Illinois West Mission to wait for them. It's sad, but they are good sports about it. 

This week Ses. B and I had a really great lesson with Viktor. We've recently gotten him to (FINALLY!) start reading the Book of Mormon and pray. Our lesson the other day was going to be about baptism, and we were going to ask him if he was interested in being baptized, when the spirit just took control and we ended up spending the whole lesson talking about prayer. We asked Viktor if he knew why prayer was so important, and he didn't actually know. So we talked about that the whole time, and we talked about how we recieve answers to our prayers. I felt the spirit so strong, and Viktor is normally a pretty talkative guy, but he was quiet for a lot of the lesson. I think that means he was feeling the spirit too. After we left and got out in the hall Ses. B says "That was SOOO BAD!" I had no idea what she was talking about cuz I thought it was awesome! Turns out she had no idea what we were actually talking about the whole time. She thought we were talking about baptism like we originally planned, and when it was her turn to talk she didn't know what to say so she just started talking about prayer. The Holy Ghost is REAL people!! Ses. B had no idea what was going on in the lesson, and she was able to say things that fit in perfectly! It wasn't our best teaching job, but that is the strongest spirit I've ever felt in one of our lessons before!

Last thing, we got to host yesterday!! Our district was selected to be host missionaries for the new incoming missionaries! For hosting we basically just show the new missionaries where their bedroom is, where their classroom is, and help them get their books. I hosted 3 sisters yesterday and they were all going English speaking. One was from Colorado Springs, one was from Paris, France, and one was from Tonga. It was really cool to talk to them and help them with their first day, especially since my first day (almost 6 weeks ago!) is kind of a blur. 

Well that's all I've got for this week! I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope you all enjoy reading my emails. I try to keep things interesting, but it can be hard when you have the exact same schedule every day of every week. 

This gospel is true! I've seen miracles here at the MTC, and I'm sure I'll see many more! Jesus Christ is our savior, and I know he knows and loves each one of us. 

Mate dobře tíden každý! (Have a good week everyone!)

Sestra Schaerrer
 

 
 Sorry, here are some pictures from this week. :) One is of all the sisters in our zone right now, and the other is of our whole zone! We're losing 10 on Monday though! Enjoy!

Sestra Schaerrer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment