Tuesday, March 10, 2015

This week seemed to go by both fast and slow, but I've been told that's how my whole mission will be. I'll try to tell you about all the important events of this last week.

Friday: We found ants in our room. Yup. It was gross, and we don't really know where they came from or why they were there. But we made sure to teach them the Plan of Salvation before we sucked them up with the vacuum. 

Sunday: We had mission conference, and I don't think I've ever been so sore from doing absolutely nothing. I mean I was paying attention and taking notes, but I've never sat in such and uncomfortable chair for such a long period of time before. It was rough. BUT we felt the spirit as the MTC Presidency talked to us about how important our work is.

Sunday Night: We watched the new (I say new because it was new to me, idk how long it's been around though) Joseph Smith Restoration Film. It was so spiritual and emotional. I wish I could have watched it over and over. After the film our district went back to our classroom and a few people bore their testimonies and everyone was crying, it was awesome!

This week we started teaching two new investigators, Viktor and Petra. It was kind of hard, but waaaaayyyy better than our lesson we taught on the second day here! I can definitely tell that we've learned a lot in the past couple of weeks.

Tuesday: I broke my toe. Well, kind of not really. It just started hurting really bad, so we went to the  clinic and now I have to wear this super attractive boot shoe thing for a week and if it doesn't feel better then they'll take an X ray. So yay!

Overall the MTC experience has been good. I've gained weight (surprise surprise, BTW I hope you all read the scripture I sent last week....) I've gotten pro at foursquare, I've learned how to be around two crazy girls 24/7 without going insane, and I've learned a tiny bit of this really weird language that kind of sounds like Russian...

Also I'm sending some pictures. One is of me and my long lost twin Sister Redding, and the other is of our companionship and our New Zealand/Australian friends that are preparing to go to the Phillipines! 

That's all I can think of for now! Thank you to all of those that emailed me this week, it really means a lot! And here's another random fact, if you want to email so that I can read it the same day, use DearElder.com, if you don't use that I can only read it on Thursdays.

I love you all! This gospel is true and the gift of tongues is for real! Trust me! 

Til next week!

- Sestra Schaerrer
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment