Monday, August 8, 2016

Short email again!

Hi everyone!
Everything is so crazy right now, we're always pretty busy and I never have enough time to write a good weekly email. I'm debating on whether or not I should just do little ones until I go home, and then write one big long one about my last month. But then again, who wants to read one really long email? Haha
This past week we basically just did a lot of service and some work for less actives. The work is moving forward here in Kosice, slowly but surely. We can all feel that a lot of good things will be happening soon. We just have to figure out how to make them come faster!
I fly home exactly one month from today, which is really weird. I'm both excited and not excited to go home. I'm excited to see friends and family and everyone, but there is also a lot of work I've still got to do here. And I'm excited to work really hard in the next month. :) Like I said, I think a lot of good things are coming.
Miracles from the past few weeks are: 1. (I don't know if I already said this) Patrik in Bratislava is going to get baptized soon! Sestra Van Langeveld and I found him last transfer, and he finally accepted a baptismal date! 2. I just found out a few days ago that Peter, an awesome guy I taught for 6 weeks in Brno who then got baptized, is engaged to Zuzka a member from Liberec who is probably the reason I made it through my first transfer! They're getting married next summer! 3. Yesterday we went to visit a member, and her son has depression and was going to get baptized, but lost interest in the church. We went over there and just played some card games and shared a spiritual thought, and I think it probably made her son's day. It was so great to see him laughing and smiling. :)
This church is true, and I have a strong testimony of God giving us random opportunities to do good. We don't always see them coming, but if we are ready and willing to use them, we can make a huge difference in people's lives.
The church is true! Have a great week everyone!
s laskou,
Sestra Schaerrer

 Ses. McPheeters turned 20 on Monday! She's so old! On Tuesday we went to the Ukranian restaurant again, but with the elders this time.



 The Indian restaurant we went to on Monday for Ses. McPheeters birthday, and the secret room in our church building, we call it the primary room... there's a dead bird on the floor. (There's no doors into this room, only windows, or else we'd do something about it.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment