Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 200

Hello Everyone!

This week was pretty interesting, and guess what? Saturday was my 200th day on my mission! Everyone here thinks I'm really weird for counting stuff like that. I'm not sure why I do it, I just think it's fun and it helps me see that time is really passing, cuz being on a mission sometimes feels like I'm stuck in a time warp in another dimention. And I don't count every single day, I just have a calendar where, at the beginning of my mission, I counted and marked every hundred days and things like that. So I'm not too weird, haha. :)

Anyway, what did we do this week? Monday we didn't go anywhere super cool on any vylets or anything. We just ran errands, and then we played card and board games with the elders at the church building for like 5 hours haha. Sounds super exciting I know. It was actually really nice to just sit and have some fun, since we run around all day every day. 

On Tuesday Ses. Andreason and I tried to make Halušky. We had both seen it made, but neither of us had ever made it before, so it was quite the adventure. We made a giant mess in our kitchen, but I think it was semi-successful. It turned out alright and tasted pretty good. Then there's this thing that's like a joke among missionaries called "halušky sny" or "halušky dreams" and they are totally real! Every time I eat halušky I have really weird dreams that night. So that was kind of an adventure to haha. 

On Wednesday I became a true Brnačka (there's another special symbol thing in there, but I can't find it on this keyboard...). And I don't really know how to say it in English, but I'm now a true person-from-Brno haha. There's a lady in the branch here who the missionaries all call the Brno Mom, and every transfer (almost, we didn't do it last transfer) she knights the missionaries like true Brnačky. But to be knighted you go to this castle, but to get to this castle, you ride a boat across the resevoir! I think that was the first time I've been on a boat in about a year! It wasn't like our boat at home, but it was close enough! And then we got to explore the castle and everything, it was so cool! And then we got knighted with an official certificate and everything. :)

Everything else that happened this week was pretty normal. We taught some people, went to church, all the good stuff like that. 

Being on a mission is crazy, and it's crazy how much my testimony has grown. Everything is just crazy when you think about it long enough haha. I can't believe how long I've already been here, it feels like I just got here. I still don't really know the language, but somehow I'm able to talk to people. The Lord really is in this work. We do so many things that seem like they would be impossible, but with the Lord, nothing is impossible.

I love you all and hope you have an awesome week!

S laskou,

Sestra Schaerrer
 
 Pictures! The boat ride to the castle :)
 



 
Oops, and there was a blurry pic of our halušky night. Pics at the castle :)
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment