Monday, August 31, 2015

Transfer 3

Ahoj Everyone!

So this week was transfer! I'm staying here in Brno and Monday night Ses. Andreason came to join me here! We are so excited for this transfer! It's going to be a good one!

Monday night we had FHE, and while I was in the kitchen at the church popping popcorn I heard a very familiar voice, so I ran out into the foyer and it was Zuzka! From Liberec! She was visiting with a group of friends and I was SOOO glad to see her! I love her so much!

Tuesday we got up and did service at a charity. We had to haul huge garbage bags of clothes from a storage room inside, to a giant truck outside. We did it over and over. It felt like we were working like ants. But we were able to empty the entire room in only about an hour and fifteen minutes. We had planned on being there for 2 hours. 
Then we went to lunch with the Baty's so that they could meet the new missionaries. That was really fun. I love the Baty's! You're all probably tired of hearing me say that by now haha. 

Wednesday we had our first district meeting of the transfer. Elder Brittner is district leader now and I think it's really cool. He's a good leader, and he was my district leader in Liberec, so it's cool for him to be it again. We've been serving together forever! Haha. This is his last transfer and by the time he goes home we will have served together for 6 months. I guess I really need to learn something from him!
Then Wednesday night we went over to Miroslav's for his scripture study discussion thing he does every week. He made us one of my favorite desert things, and he got to know the new missionaries. It was really good. He gives really good discussion, I think he would make a good primary or institute teacher. 

Thursday we were able to visit Roman, a less active in the branch. He works all the time and he works 9am-9pm, so most of the time we visit him at work. Which is fine, it's better than nothing at all. He's made a lot of progress since we first started meeting with him, I think he could be reactivated this transfer, or at least soon after that. After our meeting at his work on Thursday, we were getting ready to leave and he said, "So when are we going to meet next?" We talked about a few possibilities, and he said, "And let's meet at the building, that's better, we can pray for real there." Cuz at his work, we can pray, but there are cameras so we have to make it look like we're just talking. It was really cool that HE set up with US and he wants to do it somewhere where we can pray. He's doing really well. 
For game night on Thursday we played volleyball, and Ex-Elder Wayment and his parents came because they are visiting the Czech Republic. I think Elder Wayment went home like 4 months ago or something like that. So he played Volleyball with us, and Miroslav was there, and a few members too. It was really fun. 

Friday we had two really awesome lessons. One with Radek, who we've been teaching and inviting to church for only a couple of weeks. And one with Amir, our friend from Egypt. I think Radek could get baptized this transfer. He's doing really well. He's really, really sceptical, and he doesn't want to own a Book of Mormon, I'm still confused as to why. But is really intellegent and curious and he likes our lessons. I really think he could happen soon. 
Amir is more just curious about what we believe, and not so much interested in getting baptized or anything, but he's a strong believer in finding out for yourself what you believe, regardless of your culture or family beliefs. I think he could happen too. We had some awesome lessons this week. 

Saturday we had a singing display with the Baty's. And I met the nicest Jehovah's Witness I have ever talked to. She was super nice, and talked to me for a while. She was really open to what we believe and respected what I had to say. It was really cool. She didn't want to meet with us but I gave her our card and she said she'd at least look at the website. I hope she does, she was so nice!
Then we tried to go less active finding. Turns out there are like a million less actives here in Brno. The branch is pretty big here, as far as active members go it's probably the biggest in the whole mission, maybe second biggest. But what we just found out, is that only about 20-30% of the branch is active. Crazy! So we have a lot of less active work to get going on!

Sunday was really good. The new missionaries shared their testimonies in sacrament meeting, so everyone knows who they are. After church we had two separate lessons with Radek, he came to church and then asked us if we could talk after. He is doing so well! I'm so excited to see what can happen with him, I think he could be so good!
Then we went to visit the Baty's because Sis. Baty dislocated her shoulder yesterday. They weren't at church and we wanted to make sure everything was okay, so we went over there and had dinner with them and the elders. I think it really cheered them up. They had spent 7 hours in the emergency room the night before and were not feeling great when we got there. But we visited and made them dinner and they were much happier when we left. I just love them! haha

Anway that's pretty much everything. It wasn't a super excited week, but it was good. It was a good start to our transfer and I'm excited to see what we can do here in Brno in the next 8 weeks. 

This gospel is so true and so amazing. I have seen so many miracles on my mission, in Brno, and even in just the last week. I love this church and this gospel, it's so service based and I think it's amazing that we're like one big family. 

I love you all and I hope you have an awesome week this week!

S laskou,

Sestra Schaerrer

I don't really have any pictures from this week, so here's a pictures of us trying to get the volleyball out of the tree. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment