Monday, December 14, 2015

It's Beginging To Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Christmas is in the air! I am so excited for Christmas! Everyone is just happier and more charitable around the holiday season. And it's great being a missionary because people are a lot more open to talking about Jesus Christ on the street around Christmas. 

First, I apologize in the lacking quality of my weekly emails. I think it's been getting progressively worse and worse since, well, probably since I got to the country haha. So I promise, as an early New Year's resolution, to do better. :)

This week was really awesome. Ses. Behunin and I taught so many lessons! But unfortunately, we only found 1 new investigator... Which is disheartening, but sometimes that's just how it goes. It's really hard for us right now because we're trying to find people who will meet with us just once or twice during the two last weeks of the year, but right now we're hardly finding anyone. We're searching, but we're not finding. But don't worry, we won't give up! The elect are out there!

We actually have found quite a few potential investigators, which means they gave us their number but didn't set up with us for a specific lesson. And it's actually been really cool this week, we've found a lot. One day, I think Thursday, we were doing a singing display with the elders in Frydek Mistek, and a couple different times people walked up to us and interrupted our singing to ask us questions. It was really cool. 

We've also been planning our Christmas concert for this next Saturday, the 19th. We've put together a small choir, I'm playing a piano solo and accompanying the choir, and Ses. Behunin is going to sing a solo. Elder Lanham is going to play the guitar, it's going to be really good. We're just hoping that we can pull it all off. :)

Oh! GOOD NEWS!! I don't know if any of you remember me talking about Elder Oviatt, he was in our group in the MTC and he's been waiting for his visa for like an eternity. He served in Georgia, and then his American visa expired so he was serving in Canada, and well... HE GOT HERE ON SATURDAY!! Not here like Ostrava, but here in the Czech Republic. Finally! President came to Ostrava over the weekend and he told us about it and we were all so happy, especially since Elder Terry, Elder Lanham and I are all serving here and we're all from the same group. Elder Oviatt will just be serving in Prague for the last two weeks of the transfer, so we'll get to see him at our Christmas training! 

Christmas is here in Frydek Mistek and Ostrava, but unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the markets or decorations or anything. But I promise to take some and show you sometime. :)

I hope you all have a great week, and as you prepare for Christmas, think about what you're going to give the Savior this year. I've been thinking about it, we had a lesson on sacrifices yesterday in Gospel Principles. I've been thinking about what I can give up to have a better mission experience, and a better relationship with my Savior and Father in Heaven. As Christmas draws near, think about what you're going to give Them for Christmas. 

I love you all, thank you for your love and prayers, and have a wonderful week!

s laskou,

Sestra Schaerrer
 
Pictures! Karolina (the elders's investigator) and I at the tree on the Naměstí, and some Christmas treats a member made for us!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment