Monday, April 18, 2016

Good, Better, and Best

Hello Everyone!

So I if you might remember, last week we had an interesting problem with finding new investigators, and helping them stay investigators. So this last week, when we were doing weekly planning, we really analyzed what we were doing as missionaries and what we could be doing better. Turns out, there is a lot we can be doing better. 

This past week I really strengthened my testimony about good, better, and best. As missionaries, we realized that we had been making good decisions, but not the best decisions. And definitely not the best decisions. It was a special experience to sit down together as a companionship, and talk about what we did wrong, and how we can improve. It was kind of hard, and a little awkward, but a lot of good goals came out of it, and I'm really excited to put them into action this week. 
After we had finished weekly planning (on Saturday) we went out and worked hard, and then we worked really hard again on Sunday, and we saw a lot of miracles. I'm not really sure that we deserved to see the miracles that we did, since we hadn't been the best missionaries that we could have been earlier in the week. But it was a sweet experience to realize that God loves His children, and He loves His missionaries, and He recognizes when we put in a sincere effort to change and to strive to be better. I really felt His love yesterday however deserved or not it was, it was there. It was also just an amazing experience because we realized that we hadn't done some calls and texts that we should have done earlier in the week, and we could have chosen between doing those calls, and doing some extra contacting. I know that both of those decisions are good, but we chose the better decision by getting out and contacting. It was an amazing contacting block. Sometimes when you talk to people, you can actually see a physical response to the Holy Ghost touching someone's heart, and we were able to see that multiple times yesterday. That's what makes hours of contacting worth it. It was such a sweet tender mercy. 

Yesterday, in sacrament meeting, Ses. McPheeters and I both gave talks. It was an interesting experience haha. There are a lot of missionaries in this mission that have always served in really small areas and are used to giving talks all the time. Not me. I've served for the most part in bigger cities and areas, and although I can bear my testimony at any second's notice, I haven't given an official, themed talk, since my first transfer, almost a year ago. Needless to say I was a little rusty. It was also probably the longest talk I've ever given. Since there were only two speakers (Ses. McPheeters and myself) and I was going second, I had to take up all the time that Ses. McPheeters left me. She gave an awesome, powerful talk about tithing. I forget all the time that it's just her first transfer, she spoke great Slovak too. But unfortunately, I was left with around 25 minutes to fill. I think it went alright. I spoke about fasting and fast offerings. Afterwards a councilor in the branch presidency thanked us for our talks and told us that he had assigned us the topics that no one likes talking about. Then the Hardwicks told us that we handled some sometimes touchy subject very well. Overall, I think it was a success. My czech was a little sub-par though, it's been morphing into a weird mixture of Czech and Slovak, but I guess it makes sense since I've been here about 2 months now. 

Anyway, that's pretty much it! The work is moving forward, the weather is getting warmer, and we're still seeing miracles everyday (deserved and undeserved). The Lord's hand is really in this work and He helps and guides us everyday. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary, I wouldn't rather be anywhere else in the world. :)

I love you all, have an amazing week!

s laskou,

Sestra Schaerrer
 
 Pics for the week!
More :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment