Monday, April 11, 2016

Jedenáctého Dubna Dva Tisíce Šestnáct



Hello Everyone!


Wasn't Conference amazing!?!? We finally got to watch it, and in English, so that was great. Everyone I've talked to loved it! What a power house weekend of spiritual upliftment! I can't wait to keep reading and studying the talks over the next six months!


As we're winding down to the end of this transfer (we have 3 weeks left), I've been reflecting on what we've done while I've been in Bratislava. I've been thinking about what we've done to help the area here. I kind of feel like we had to start near the bottom when I first got here, because most of our investigators dropped us when they found out we weren't the other sisters. I can definitely see a lot of progress when I look at where we started and where we are now, but we definitely aren't the smoothe-running area that I think Bratislava has the potential to be.
This past week we taught a ton of lessons, but I don't think hardly any of them were sit down, planned ahead lessons. We had a lot of great street lessons, but that's where we've kind of been getting stuck. Our pool of people has certainly grown, we're in contact with quite a few people with awesome potential, but right now we're stuck with people who were counted as new investigators because we had an awesome street lesson, and they set up with us, and then the next week they cancelled or they didn't show up. So we end up not having any sit down lessons, and no member lessons, and then we have all of these not-really-but-technically-investigators.
It's just pretty complicated. We have so many great people, they just won't meet with us! Which leads us to more contacting, and more street lessons, and for some reason the new people we find do the exact same thing. I feel like we're in this vicious cycle of almost-progress. I really want to meet with these people, but I don't want to keep calling and texting and bugging them, but also, this message is important! I have faith that these people can come to know the gospel is true, they have so much potential and they are all great people, but they are all "busy" and can always meet "next week." I just feel a little bit stuck in a whirl pool.


Bratislava is growing, and doing well over all. The people in this branch are so amazing. I love them all so much. It's easy to get frustrated when you look at where the branch is and where you think it should be, but then you look at each individual member and you can just feel how much they love the gospel and how grateful they are for all the blessings they've received.

The work is moving forward, slowly but surely. There is a reason that we are meeting these awesome people, maybe they just aren't quite ready to hear everything that we have, and they just need a little more time. I know that with faith and hard work, we can really do a lot of good in this branch, and they deserve it.


The Lord really is behind this work. Sometimes we don't always see the reasons that people make the decisions they do, or why things have to be the way that they are, but I know that He knows, and that's all that really matters.


I hope you all have an amazing week, and that you continue to listen to the words spoken at conference. It was truly amazing and I already want more! Thomas S. Monson and all the leaders of the church are truly called of God, and it is a huge blessing to be able to hear what they have for us every six months. I love Conference!


Have an amazing week everyone! Thank you for all your love and support. :)


s laskou,


Sestra Schaerrer
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment