Monday, October 26, 2015

Transfer Time!

Hello Everyone!

This email is probably going to be a little short because today was transfer day!! On Saturday we received our transfer calls, and Ses. Andreason got to stay in Brno (lucky!) and I got called to serve in Frýdek Místek (close to Ostrava) with Ses. Behunin!! Crazy! So I spent all morning packing and then on a bus to move all my stuff to Frydek Mistek. I'm so excited for this transfer, it's going to be so great! I don't know anyone, or where anything is, but I'll learn haha. OH! And also, I'm serving here with Elders Lanham and Terry! They are companions and they were both in my MTC group! No one from my group has ever served together and now there are three of us here in Ostrava!

Anyway so last week was pretty crazy. Monday we had to go by me some new suitcases (my old ones died when I moved to Brno). We had training on Tuesday. Friday I had visa work in Prague. And Saturday was the Relief Society conference in Brno. So lots of big things were happening. And then there were all the goodbyes and everything. It was hard for me to say goodbye to Brno. I love that city and the people and the members. And I feel like I really grew a lot there. But I'm so excited to be here in Frydek Mistek/Ostrava. It's going to be a great (and pretty crazy) transfer (full of holidays)!

Last night we had our last district dinner together at the church, and the elders made soup. That was an adventure, and then this morning Elder Baty helped us get to the bus station, and Elder Kleiner and Elder Brittner and Miroslav came to say goodbye to me. :) (Elder Brittner is going home to America, so he doesn't leave until Wednesday.) It was bittersweet. 

I'll try to send some pictures.

The gospel is true, and I know that President McConkie is truly inspired in our transfer calls! I'm a little nervous to go to Ostrava (infamous for people who speak really really fast) but I can still feel that it's the right place for me to be and serve in for the next few months of my mission. I love this gospel and I love my Savior. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve in His name, wherever I am. :)

Love you all, have an awesome week!

s laskou,

Sestra Schaerrer
 
 Pictures!

 


 


 


 


 Me with Roman, Zbyněk, and then Bara. The elders making dinner and the last time walking away from our Brno apartment. Next week I'll have pictures of my new area!

No comments:

Post a Comment