Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween!

Hi Everyone!

So this last week was pretty crazy! It was my first week in Ostrava/Frydek Mistek, so I was busy getting to know everyone and where everything is. And it was also Halloween and as missionaries we were in charge of throwing the branch Halloween Party! It went really well. We're not allowed to dress up, so I was just "Sestra Schaerrer" but it was fun. We had a eating-donuts-off-a-string contest, musical chairs, sugar cookie decorating, a special musical number, bobbing for apples, and scary stories. It went way better than we expected and was super fun!

I'm trying to think of what else happened, Halloween was kind of the main event of the week. Other than that we've just been finding new investigators and teaching everyone. And I've been trying to get to know everyone and it's kind of hard. 

Oh! We also taught Spanish and English on Tuesday. Which was interesting because neither I nor Ses. Behunin speak spanish. Ses. Boza was here before I came, and she's from Guatamala, so she taught spanish, but then she left and so Ses. Behunin and I tried to put our very small amount of knowlege together. I never even studied spanish, but Ses. Behunin took it for 5 years, so she kind of led the whole thing, but it was an adventure haha. 

Anyway, sorry, but there isn't a whole lot more to tell. I'm still trying to figure everything out. But I'll definitely send some pictures of the party! :)

One thing that I love about transfers, is that you can go to a new area, and your first Sunday there you can feel the spirit so strong. You don't know any of the people, you don't speak the same language, but the gospel is the same and the spirit is so strong. The church is true! And it helps me feel at home, where ever I am. 

Have an awesome week everyone, and Happy November!

s laskou,

Sestra Schaerrer

Pictures from the Party!



No comments:

Post a Comment