Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving: A HUGE Success!!

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend full of food, family, and friends. Meanwhile, the missionaries here in Ostrava/Frydek Mistek threw the branch's FIRST EVER THANKSGIVING! And it was a HUGE success!! Everything went way better than we had even expected! 

We had so much food, and lot's of fun! I don't remember if I said this already, but the elders ordered a 15 KILO TURKEY!! That's something like 33 POUNDS!! So crazy! They had to bake it in the oven for more than 8 hours!

We played lots of games, had lots of food, and talked about gratitude. And a lot of people came and I don't really know how to describe it, it was just great! I'll attach pictures.

Between Thursday and Saturday, Ses. Behunin and I made 8 pies, Mashed potatoes, Gravy, and 45 rolls. I have never before in my life made pumpkin pie, and I made 5 this weekend. It was so crazy, but luckily everything turned out great! I'll stop talking now and just send pictures. :)

I hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving, and that you're getting excited for Christmas!!

I'm so thankful for this opportunity I have to be a missionary here in the Czech Republic. I'm grateful for our wonderful mission president and his family, and the other missionaries I get to work with. I'm so grateful for the members here in the Czech Republic, they are seriously some of the strongest members I've ever met, and the help us so much. I'm so blessed to be able to work with all these amazing people. I'm also extremely grateful for my family, friends, and of course my Savior and Father in Heaven.

Have a wonderful week everyone! Happy December!!

s laskou,

Sestra Schaerrer
 
 Pictures!
 I forgot one thing, Ses. Behunin and I are going to be putting together a little Christmas card. So if you'd like to receive one, please send me you're home address before next Monday. :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment