Tuesday, July 5, 2016

So I've been transferred to...

Hi Everyone!

Hope you've had a good, hot week, and a wonderful 4th of July celebration! (We went out for burgers.)

So this past week was the last week of the transfer, I feel like a lot of things happened, but I can't really remember very many of them because I just got transfered to Košice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't know where Kosice (Koe-shee-tsa) is, then I'll tell you. It's the farthest east city in the mission, which means it's in Slovakia. AND I don't know if you remember but it was an extremely rare situation for me, a Czech sister missionary, to ever serve in Slovakia at all. THEN it was an extremely rare situation for me to stay in Slovakia for a second transfer. THEN it's even rarer, so rare that I should buy a lottery ticket, that I, a Czech sister missionary, would serve a THIRD transfer in Slovakia, and that all the way over in Kosice!! Can you taste the rarity?? OH! I forgot, another rare thing. Czech sister missionaries rarely repeat companions, but who am I serving with in Kosice? Sestra McPheeters. My "daughter" as we say in mission life, because I trained her two transfers ago in Bratislava. Now she's "killing" me in Kosice because this is my last transfer. It's pretty weird, but we're excited to serve together again, and Kosice is gorgeous, I'll make sure to attach some pictures. :) 

So basically last week was spent visiting as many people as we possibly could, because Ses. Van Langeveld and I knew that one of us would be leaving. On Friday we had our Meet-the-new-mission-president meeting in Bratislava and it was super cool! President and Sestra Pohorelicky came and the whole training/meeting was in Czech/Slovak. It was really great and all the missionaries were pleasantly surprised that they could understand everything. The new president is going to bring in a lot of good changes, I'm really really excited. :) 

On Sunday in Relief Society, they asked me to bare my testimony, since I didn't get a chance to do it in sacrament meeting. I told them how over the weekend my testimony of God's plan had been strengthened. And that it was strengthened in how God knows what we need, even when we think that we need or want somethings else. 
I was convinced that if I left Bratislava for my last transfer, that I would return to the Czech Republic to finish my mission where I started it. In the language that I started it in. BUT God knows better than we do, and he sent me in the complete opposite direction, to learn a different dialect of Slovak, and not Czech, to a branch which is the smallest that I've served in since I left Liberec at the end of my first transfer, and obviously to learn some lessons that I haven't learned yet. I don't really know what's waiting for me here in Kosice, but I know that I'm here for a reason, and I'll figure it out. :)

This church is true everyone! Have a wonderful week, and enjoy some pictures of my last week in Bratislava/first week in Kosice!

s laskou,

Sestra Schaerrer
 
 Last pictures in Bratislava, and first pictures in Košice! :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment